Sunday, August 1, 2010

The sense of touch: Part 1/2

Written in Jan 2010

There's beauty, in what we see, and hear, and smell, and taste. Yet, without touch, I wouldn't be a part of any of it. I hardly know how to put it in words... I'm not talking about the ground under my feet. Rather, it is the air wrapping 'round me, like one would a present, that keeps me connected to my surroundings. Only, the gift is not me. The gift is happiness, and it is for me. Where there is a pretty sight, a cheerful song, a fragrant flower, I find a gentle wind that lifts me off the ground, and my spirit soars.

- * - * -

I found beauty indoors, as well. In the laughter, the companionship, the love of those dear to me. If it is the cool breeze that connects me to nature, it is warmth that I find with my family and friends. This instinctive comfort is often described as intangible, but to me, it is as tangible as any of the hugs and kisses I steal from dad, and ma, and every one whom I love. Oh, and I steal 'em at every opportunity I find.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment