Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cooking with ma

This was march 3rd, 2011:


Hi jijima!

guess what I did at home?

I cooked!!!

I cooked ze cabbage n anda on tue night. But, u see, i was so worried about not burning ze cabbage that it ended up slightly undercooked, n just this lil bit bitter.

But jiji, ze cabbage haz the most lovely pale green color when it is just mixed with ze pyaaz n hot oil. The haldi n mirchi ruins the color, they do.

And then, wed, i makeses ze aalu-gobi for lunch. Ze gobi smells delicious, it does, when it iz added to the aalu n pyaaz n oil. mmmmmm..

This turned out nice and yum, but it didnt have the 'that' that makeses ma's cooking so rich and yummy. It's okay, i'll learn!

and guess what else I did? I watched Masterchef. With Ze Hon. Chef Ramsey. But this was ze semis n ze finals, so all high class cooking, n no blunders, and so no thunders from our fav chef. 
...


I tell you, my anxiety waiting for ma's opinion on the aalu gobi was as good as any felt by the contestants waiting for Chef Ramsey's. And this was march 13th:



...


speaking of, dinner was cabbage-anda, ma style; 

i tried to make it, okay? ma cut ze cabbage n pyaaz. n then i wandered into ze kitchen; i'll make it, ma? i ask. n so she says put 3 spoons oil. and i put oil, n get distracted by what to put next, i think a moment n ask, zeera? she says yes. so i take zeera and wonder if tthe oil is hot enuf. when i think it is, i put in zeera, n thn i wait wait wait for it to turn slightly brown, n i put in pyaaz, very cautiously, you know. n a lil oil splashes, u kno, just smallest drplets, n just a lil bit, but i gt startled and i jerk my hands, and most of ze pyaaz falls off the plate.

n then i turn off the stove n call ma. n she asks, you put only one spoon oil, no? n then i realize tht ya, i stopped at one spoon. (well, actually, I remembered vaguely wondering that there's too little oil, and pushing the thought aside)

n then i getses out of the kitchen, cuz i iz too slepy n i dont trust myself anymore.



I really ought to stop with the 'ze's and the 'es'es and the 'iz' and everything elses, but I have too much fun with it, and jiji doesn't mind. And so I go on and abuse ze language as I please.

No comments:

Post a Comment