Monday, September 13, 2010

God is orthodox. Proof.

Okay. Here's the deal. US Open 2010. Semifinals on Sat. Rafa defeated Youzhny, no probs at all, and then Novak Djokovic fought 3 hrs, 44 mins to upset The Federer. Finals scheduled for Sunday--fresh Rafa vs tired Djoko. And it rained.


“You are lucky!  Seriously lucky!”
-- Nadia Petrova, to Djokovic in the locker room, once the match was postponed.
“Another day in New York,"
--The Djoker, grinning.
“For sure, it’s fairer like this. I think it’s better for both of us to have a day of rest.”
-- Rafa being Rafa.
“Obviously, Rafa would have preferred to play today, and Novak was praying for rain, so I suppose what I take out of things is that God is Orthodox.  He’s been listening to Novak.”
-- Benito Perez Barbadillo, Rafa and Novak's publicist.

What else can I say, except that the whole thing had me chuckling like a girl possessed?

No comments:

Post a Comment