Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pearl 2011: Day 1

Alright, Day 0 sounded wierd (I've added to the post, by the way), but I'm going to continue with the 0, 1, 2, and 3. So here's my

Day 1: Trips to nowhere in the Sun, and a beautiful night with the stars.

Okay, the day was terrible. No other word for it. I'm trying, very hard, to be honest here, but I do not think I can convince my fingers to type out the variety of pickles I found myself in. That, and this post will bloat, should I do that. Right.

So, I awoke a lil before nine, Akhila and I'd planned to have breakfast in the mess at 9 15, and then attend Abhivyaktika, the classical dance competition. We were neither of us ready by then, and so we took a lil more time and then trudged to the cafe, me complaining of the heat, and she about the distance. However, she received a call that she was needed elsewhere,and though I was tired and hungry, I was not particularly inclined to eat, forget eat alone.

The rest of the morning found me in all corners of the campus (okay, not really) with jags, me whining all along about the heat, and how I wanted to go home. I had breakfast with her and her sister, and over the course of the afternoon, invented recipes for about half a dozen new pickles. Can I skip to the evening, now?

Or Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment