Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Drabble: Twirl


“Rohini? You have no schemes up your sleeves tonight, do you?” Her roommate, busy doodling in her textbook, didn't bother looking up, “nuh-uh.” “Good. Then you’ll help me dress for my date." "mm hm." "With Sandeep.” That succeeded in shocking her: “Goodness Ashi! Whatever happened to Dhruv?”

“I wouldn’t know,” she replied, “I find myself tired of playing tag with him.”

Rohini stopped twirling her pencil. Ashi smirked.

“Sandy's a writer,” she continued airily, “he showed me something he wrote on a kid amusing himself with a twig an entire evening; I dare say I can manage an evening with him” 

3 comments:

  1. I'm probably wrong, but I can't help picking out metaphors from this one. ;0

    ReplyDelete
  2. :|

    you iz welcome to give flight to your imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is like the Performer and the Performance, isn't it? I love the names you give them, by the way.

    ReplyDelete