Friday, July 22, 2011

Interlude: Ashi

Ashi writes an email to Rohini 
 
... If anybody ever made a checklist of what a girl could do at home in her vacation, you'd think I've been systematically crossing items off it: I've gone shopping, watched a stupid movie with my cousins, went out for coffee with old friends, attended an obligatory wedding, fought with my sister over nothing, baked a cake, and read a book I've been putting off for ages.


And I haven't been able to stop thinking of Dhruv. How I wish to talk to him! He is always formal,  but there is something about that formality that makes me believe that I'm the center of his world. Only, I'm so very afraid that I am not, and I dare not call.


Bah. I'm sure you have been more interestingly occupied. 

(Here, she clicks the discard button rather forcefully)

No comments:

Post a Comment