Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Of assignments and pampered dogs and home

I missed my Tuesday Thanks yesterday, not that I had anything new to add, except that what kept me busy: our OS Assignment (thats Operating Systems, to the uninitiated).

Thank you to Supriti, Kiran, Divya, and Sruja for being a part of the 'we' that solved the assignment. Those two questions took up the entirety of Monday and Tuesday, but-- well, we got the output we were supposed to (I think) and I am inordinately pleased. I shall post the code here on Coppice Gate, for showing it off, if nothing else.

--

The dogs in our campus are certainly an over-indulged lot. I would know; this evening, one paused his fight(?) with its companion to demand affection from me. I am an affectionate creature, now, but I have none to spare for creatures that come growling and nipping at each other, and then approach me with their sharp teeth in full display. Next time, Mister Dog, if you do not frighten me with those teeth that appear so ready to bite me, perhaps I shall dare to pet you.

--

I haven't been home since Diwali. True I have been busy with exams and assignments, but I did not lack for opportunities. I feel incredibly selfish, 'cuz it is just ma and dad at home, and I know they like me there, but... home means richness and warmth, and coming back to find the campus rather empty. I feel settled here, light spirits and everything, and daren't risk that. --Well, I am to go home this Saturday, have got a whole list of things planned up. Let's see how that goes.

--

Oh, and Happy Birthday, to a very, very dear friend. Hope you had an lovely day, Ajita!

No comments:

Post a Comment