Thursday, July 22, 2010

Golconda Fort: Impressions





At the entrance: Kerul was immediately attracted to the spinning toys that one usually finds at such places; I decided I wanted one too.

Once Inside: The elders of our party (cuz i'm too polite to take names) argued with the guides, beginning with "we don't want your expensive service, thank you," to "show us what you will in hundred rupees" and finally, "oh, all right!" I just wanted them to stop.

I adored the terraces and the stone walls and the gardens; I did not like our guide very much.

I spotted those delicate white flowers along one of those stone paths, that I'd so delighted in, when they'd bloomed with the rains in our campus last year. I paused to stare at them, then walked on with the group.

We settled on the lawns for a while; I played 'tag' with my cousins, and was all out of breath in 10 mins.

On the way back: We asked Kerul if he'd enjoyed. "Kind of," he replied. And kind of, I decided, was just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment