Thursday, July 29, 2010

Yellow Flowers

One day on my way to school- I was in 9th class then- I was cross with my sister and myself, and I was generous enough to include the rest of the world in my list: I determined that I would be sullen the rest of the day. I walked the last bit to the school building. Walking, you see, is one of the few things I exaggerate my love for, and, despite everything, actually feel that love.

There was a slight breeze, that morning, and while I walked nursing my injured feelings, the breeze quietly cooled them until they remained a mere litany in my mind. And I was all surprised to discover that I was rather cheerful when I finally reached school. It took me a few seconds to understand why- the tree by the gate had the loveliest yellow flowers, and said flowers were, at the moment, very much occupied dancing in the breeze; They were laughing, I thought.

And since that day, in my mind, flowers were divided i nto two categories- flowers, and
yellow flowers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment