Wednesday, July 7, 2010

'Tis the little things...

This morning, ma crept out of the house for work, and I darted out the door to catch her: "bye, ma!" She turned to look at me, smiling, and I blew her the one-finger kiss that is hers and mine. Well, it was mine, before. For daddy, for jiji, for those I love. But as she looked at me, one hand arrested at the handle of the main gate, I realized that it was ma who knows the trust and adoration that comes with it, ma who understands that it's special. At that moment, it became ours.

She had to leave, of course, and as I stood at the gate, carefully making sure that her smile stayed put, I felt a child-like glee at lifting my ma's spirits.

That lil' goodbye had me smiling the entire morning. A feat unaccomplished by any momentous news, be it acceptance into CS at BITS Pilani, Hyderabad, or any nine point whatever CGPA.

1 comment: